Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Furry Friends!

I'm linking up with Sandy at
Soaring Through Second
to show off my cute little furry friends!


Gizmo is our 12 year old Pomeranian!  He's lovable, sleeps about 20 hours a day, and loves to chase boats (we have a canal in our backyard that has a lot of boat traffic).  He was attacked by a dog when he was very little, and has no sight in his right eye.  If you came to visit, he'd bark like crazy, then lick you to death!! :)

And Smokey is our fickle cat!  Sometimes she loves you, most of the time she ignores you!!  She was a stray that my husband found at a house he was remodeling.  He would only go every other day, and would feed her.  She'd come running when he pulled in the driveway, but wouldn't let him get too close.  One day when he went to work on the house, he found her trapped in a Walmart bag.  She had squeezed through an opening in the knotted bag to get food, and then couldn't get out.  She became ours that day!! :)

I've learned a lot from my furry friends!  I'm not sure what I'd do without them! 





9 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Awww, poor Gizmo! It doesn't look like it bothers him at all. My first dog went completely blind at 4 years old. It didn't bother him at all. Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Sandy said...

Smokey and Gizmo are so stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing them!!! And what could be more fun than chasing boats!?!?! :-)

Corinna said...

Your babies are adorable! My mother had a Pomeranian that looked just like Gizmo. I have two kitties, one who is my baby and the other completely ignores me unless I'm feeding her:)
Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Dianne said...

Your furbabies are so beautiful! Thanks so much for following my blog. I'd return the favor but I already follow you - yay!
Dianne
Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

Rebecca said...

What sweet furbabies you have! I've linked up to the party too, so come by for a visit and meet Miss Maggie Bleu!

Furbaby Blessings,
Rebecca

The Teacher's Chatterbox

Chrissy said...

Your babies are beautiful. Glad to hear Gizmo survived his attack. How frightening!
 Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

Barbara said...

Your babies are beautiful!!

I used to have a Gizmo! He was a little Westie, full of P & V -- ha ha.
Take care.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

AthenaPhoenix said...

Aww, your sweeties are so cute!

I love the Add It Up! Must use it, thanks!
Crystal
Strive to Sparkle

Beth Ann said...

So cute!!! It is amazing how it does not bother pets when they have disabilities. We had a dog that lost both eyes. He smiled every day!
Thanks for sharing.
❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Post a Comment