Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wild and Crazy Week--and a Freebie!!!

Wow!!!  Short weeks are a killer!  This past week was one crazy week!  We were off of school on Monday, Tuesday my student teacher arrived, I was observed by my principal on Wednesday, I did lots of after school shopping with my daughter for homecoming, we had a homecoming pep rally and teacher/student basketball game on Friday, AND I got a new student!!!!

During all that craziness, we did do SOME work!!!! :)

Writing about our dreams for the future!



Proving that air takes up space--as part of our study on the states of matter!  I have journal pages that my students used throughout the unit, but I need to check on Print Candee's TOU regarding freebies.  I'll post them tomorrow if I can.

Shopping Scoot!  My kiddos L-O-V-E scoot!!!!  I love that I can see who "Gets" it while they think they are just having fun!  

I played the Money, Money, Money, Money song when we scooted!  My teaching partner opened our adjoining door after about 5 times of hearing the music to see what in the world we were doing!!!  

Here is the song:


And...my sweet daughter was selected to be on the Homecoming Court this year.  I was too lazy to lug my big camera, and used my husbands little camera----and got cruddy pictures!!!  Lesson learned!


And....if you made it through all of that....here's a freebie!

Well, I guess I better...
1.  Do my lesson plans
2.  Grade papers
3. Laminate, laminate, laminate
4. Go stir the red beans that are probably stuck to the bottom of the pot!!



12 comments:

Lori said...

Love 2nd grade! I taught 2nd for 16 years and now teach reading K-5. Enjoyed the pictures of your students writing about their dreams. Congrats to your beautiful daughter!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Ginger Snaps said...

I love the money Scoot game! So cute!

Ginger Snaps

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

Aww, that's wonderful news about your daughter :) Congrats! The Scoot game sounds super cute, especially with the song!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Erika said...

Thanks for the great freebie. We are doing money right now. Where did shopping scoot come from? I need it.

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings

Mrs. L said...

Maybe we can share a kingdom someday! ;)
Life with Mrs. L

Crazy Bow Girl said...

We use scoot all the time in our classroom! I like the idea of playing music! Thanks for the freebie! :)

Keri said...

Great ideas and blog! I am your newest follower :)

Traci said...

Aww.. the kids are obviously having a blast with the matter activity.
Congrats to your daughter.
Thanks for the freebie!
AND thanks for your note over on my blog. I'm your newest follower. :D
Dragonflies in First

Lisa said...

You have a lovely daughter! Thank you for the "What is the matter?" sign it is cool. My children loved moving as states of matter.

Shawna said...

Hey Lisa,
Congrats to your daughter, she looks beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog...I am now your newest follower...great stuff!!
Shawna

The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

Teacher Gone Digital said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teacher Gone Digital said...

I am nominating you for the Liebster Award. Read more about it here:
http://teachergonedigital.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-to-kimberly-over-at-science.html

Post a Comment