Sunday, January 29, 2012

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Chrissy and Ms. Smarty Pants


1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them! 

12 Fun things about me
1.  I secretly want to be a children's book author.
2.  I have a serious addiction to digital scrapbooking/graphics/designing
3.  I have one child--by choice!  People often ask why we only had one--because we wanted one! :)
4.  I love the smell of school supplies--especially crayons!  It's a sickness, I know!
5.  I always wanted a BMW...I drive a Dodge (which I love)!  My daughter has a BMW convertible that we got for FREE--yep, you read it right...F.R.E.E!  It is a 1996 Z3 roadster that is the cutest thing ever!  It was a fixer-uper and a total surprise for her birthday.  I am a wee bit jealous!
6.  If you look up procrastinate in the dictionary, I'm pretty sure you will see my photo!
7.  We have a camper, and love to go camping.  That's my idea of "roughing it"!
8.  I L.O.V.E. everything Disney!  Seriously---EVERYTHING!
9.  I like flavored diet drinks, like root beer, orange, sun drop, etc...., but HATE Diet Coke!  
10.  I am on the board of a charity, Dreams Come True, and get to meet the bravest people on Earth--kids fighting illnesses.  I'm amazed at how strong, positive, and precious these kids are.  They are the truest form of heroes in my eyes.
11.  I really wish I had enough time in the day to do all the crafty things I've always wanted to do, like design invitations, and party printables....one day!
12.  I'm a homebody...The saying, "There's no place like home" is my mantra.  

1. What are your beliefs about teaching?  I believe that it is my job to ensure that all kids are successful, and to understand that although they may not all be able to reach determined benchmarks, they can still feel successful in the classroom.
2. What is one trade secret that you would like to pass on to your colleagues?  Do as much of your teaching in small groups as possible.  You will learn so much about each individual child!
3. What is your favourite subject to teach and why?  Math, because 2+2 will always =4.  
4. Why do you blog? To connect with other teachers who are as passionate about their job as I am!
5. What is your favourite transition strategy, why?  Marshmallow everything--toes, mouth, book.  Put an imaginary marshmallow in or on anything, and it becomes less noisy!! :)  
6. What are your secret behaviour management tricks?  No tricks, just try to be reasonable, and let them know that I care about them--even when they mess up!
7. Do you have a class rewards system? What is it?  We have a school-wide behavior system--not a fan.  I am going to try out ClassDojo this week!!!  Hope it's as awesome as I'm thinking it will be!
8. Do you teach a musical instrument with your class? What is it?  Nope...no time--at all!  Our schedule is crazy.  My student teacher said on her second day, "Wow, we sure do have to go out of the classroom a lot"!  
9. What is the one thing that keeps you motivated to continue learning?  Not really sure what drives that motivation, but I'm constantly doing something...NBCT...Master's...blogging...professional development.  I'm kinda nerdy! :-}
10. Do you get along with your colleagues? Most
11. Does your school encourage homework? What does your class do?  Our school doesn't really have a position on HW.  I send home a math ws on Mondays to be returned on Fridays.  Other than that I sent home an assignment during our money unit to count pocket change each night.  Nothing major!
12. If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be?  Not sure...I think I'll just be me!  I know....Boring answer.

Here are the questions from Ms. B
1. What is the best part of teaching?  Seeing the excitement on a struggling child's face when she "gets it"!! Priceless!
2. What's your favorite holiday?  Christmas
3. Who is your best friend and why?  My sister-in-law, she understands me!! :)
4. What did you want to be when you were a kid?  Don't laugh--a brick layer, a burger king worker, and a teacher!  
5. What's your favorite outfit?  Jeans and a sweatshirt!  I'm a comfy girl!
6. What's your favorite breakfast? (calories nonexistent)  Bacon, eggs, and biscuits--but I like them for supper!
7. What's your favorite TV show of all time?  Golden Girls
8. What weird habit or behavior did you have as a kid? (I'm assuming everyone had at least one)  Twirling hair
9. Siblings? How many?  3 1/2 sisters and a 1/2 brother
10. Beatles or Elvis? Beatles 
11. Beach or Mountains? Mountains
12. What's the BEST trip you've ever taken?  Disney...of course! :)


My 12 questions:
1.  Do you have aspirations to become an administrator?  Why/why not?
2.  Real book/E-reader?
3.  What did you learn in your classroom, that they never taught you in college?
4.  Teachers lounge--good or bad?
5.  If you were to win $1000 for your classroom, how would you spend it?
6.  What is your least favorite thing about teaching?
7.  If you could choose any grade to teach, which would you choose?  Why?
8.  Does your school have a specific dress code for teachers? 
9.  If you watch American Idol...Steven Tyler as a judge--good or bad?
10.  What is your favorite genre of music?
11.  Who is your favorite Golden Girl?  
12.  What is your favorite TV show?

Now for 12 blogs to tag....

1.  Kristy at Teachin' First
4.  Debbie at Bassett's Buggy World
7.  Christie at TEaching in Flip Flops
8.  Yvonne at Sassy in Second
9.  Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6
11.  Mrs. Mc at Buzz, Buzz, Buzz----She's having a giveaway right now!!  I want the Mardi Gras unit!  It's super cute


7 comments:

Ms. Chrissy B said...

HA! Golden Girls- that's great! I'm so glad I asked :)

Buzzing with Ms. B

Shawna said...

Hey Lisa,
This looks fun, thanks for including me! This is going to require a bit of thinking on my part...I better get started!
Shawna

The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

Kristy said...

Thanks for tagging me! This is fun!
Teachin' First

Sandy said...

I tagged you too! Have a great week! :-)

Amy said...

Thanks for the tag! I will get on this asap!!! Also, I'm right there with you with the procrastination... especially now that I have a baby :) We get it done and that's all that matters right?

Latricia said...

Brick layer...hahaha! Where in the world did that come from? This was fun to read since the majority of them would be the same for me! You know...same brain and all!!

Latricia
Wild About Second Grade

Miss DeCarbo said...

I tagged you as well on my blog! :) I see you've already played. I'd love to know how your NBCT is going?! I've been contemplating going for it...

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Post a Comment