Tuesday, October 18, 2011

T-M-I and addition!

T-M-I!!  Last week during our daily math reinforcers, we had a math story with too much information.  My kiddos picked up on it immediately!  Hands shot up in the air!  "Why does it tell us that he went to eat?"  "Who cares?"......
We then discussed how sometimes math stories will contain too much information (TMI).  We did another example, and then moved on. 
Today, I got so tickled in computer lab when one of my darlings raised his hand to show me TMI!  They get so excited to see skills we are working on in class show up in their computer lab program. 
So, I decided to capitalize on the TMI craze by creating a powerpoint story and practice sheet.  Since I used clipart, I can't post the powerpoint, but I saved it as a PDF to share.  

3 comments:

A Teacher's Treasure said...

Welcome to the Teaching Blogs world!

❤ Mor ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Down Under Teacher said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! Glad to know I'm not the only forgetful teacher out there!

Welcome also to blogland! I'm your newest follower!

Kylie
Down Under Teacher

Randi said...

This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing and following my TPT store!

Randi @
www.teachtitwithclass.blogspot.com

Post a Comment